Airport with sharps

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Howdy, we are off to Florida for a few weeks next week, any advice for not getting thrown on the ground and strip searched at security? I also have prefilled syringes with blood thinning stuff due to previous DVT/PE, so a fair bundle of sharps, and drugs, thank you.

Reactions: Antje77

Mrs Price

Take a copy of your prescription and a letter from your doctor listing your medication and your health problems just incase, as a backup for the security and your insurance should you need it that is what I planned to do with my husband’s insurance if we had got to go away before he died. Bon voyage

• Hug
Reactions: SaskiaKC

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agreed on the letter and prescription, though in many years of travel around the world the only person who wanted to see those was a security guard in Glasgow airport on an internal flight :)

I tell the person on the X-ray scanner that I'm diabetic and that there are syringes in the bag when I feed my tray into the scanner, these days I also tell the person manning the metal detector that I have a sensor on my shoulder because I'm diabetic, and then if they decide to pull my bag I tell them again that I'm diabetic (which often requires a bit of a shout if they corral you somewhere away from the baggage) and that there are syringes and lancets in the bag and would they like me to unpack it for them.

I hope you enjoy your trip :)