Alcohol eeek!!

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I’m celebrating 100 days sober today so please all raise a glass for me you swines.

Well done, I'm glad to say that after 10 years sobriety I don't miss it at all. It has the added benefit that I don't have to take part in those conversations that I'm sure many couples have about who's driving, simple, it's me. When I discuss diet with my GP, she knows I'm not messing about, alcohol isn't in the equation any more. As for saving money. Lots of good things about sobriety.

Reactions: Fiona29

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since being diagnosed,T2, I have given up the beer, drowning my sorrows for having to give up one of life’s great pleasures with red wine and good scotch.
My wine fitness levels are now quite good. Scotch I leave for special occasions. Some days it is hard to identify one but so far, so good. :D

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Fiona29 - As the others have said, sensible drinking of alcohol is fine, if you can avoid the sweet stuff. Very dry white wine, or champagne, red wine of spirits, plus a diet mixer are fine. Bears tend to be tricky for T2, not on hefty medication and any cocktails involving sugary syrupy would likely be a challenge.
Bears are always tricky. typo?

Reactions: rom35 and dbr10