Alcohol

Bulldogblu

I'm 40 years old and been type 2 for 3 years now and feel I'm managing it quite well.

I'm not a big drinker as I'm an all London licenced taxi driver, so don't really get the time, but when I do go out with the lads I like to have a good drink
And tend to drink Stella or Kron 1664

Over the last 3 times I've had a drink, which has been spread over the last 6 weeks I've noticed the next few days I've felt exhausted with no energy what so ever!! All I wanted to do is sleep (it's not a hang over tiredness)

I just wonderered if anyone else ever feels like this when they drink?

I currently take 1 Gliclazide am
3x metformin equally spaced throughout the day
1x simverstaten before I sleep

Any advice would be helpfully

King regards

Jimmy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kellibabi

Re: Alcohol

I think this happens a lot to beer/lager drinkers.
I sometimes have a cheeky vodka & diet coke (3 is my limit) but luckily don't get the after effects of the tiredness.
I think there may be a difference with spirits.

Unfortunately, it looks like you may need to cut down a bit (hard, I know, when you're on a lads night).
Maybe try switching to spirits & not go too mad?

I'm sure there will be other guys on here who can give some good advice/point you in the right direction!

Bulldogblu

Ok pal thankyou very much for the quick response, I'm definately gona experiment with different drinks, someone told me to try holstan Pils as it has zero sugar but not sure if this is accurate info, I'll make some more inquiries

Thanks again

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Holsten pils aint zero my friend.
Theres Equator, which is zero everything, then IF you can find it there's Michelob ultra which is pretty low.
A stable mainstream go between is coors lite.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

In bottles coors lite is everywhere, pubs and Tescos.