1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Aldi almond butter

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by AdamJames, May 13, 2018.

1. AdamJames

AdamJames Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Today at Aldi I noticed they are now doing small (170g) jars of almond butter. It's 100% roasted almonds. I just tried some neat and it's very nice. About £2. It was next to the peanut butters so presumably it's a "permanent" fixture. Their peanut butters are not as good - they taste nice but they have palm oil and salt in.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not sure if it provides a cost saving but I now roast almonds for 10 minutes at 200 degrees C with a little salt then blitz them in a food processor (noisy). Can add coconut and/or cocoa for variety. Not too faffy.
    What I would love to find is some sachets of nut butters other than the Pip 'n' Squeak ones in Holland and Barrett (£1.50+ I think) as lugging a jar around isn't ideal!

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. AdamJames

AdamJames Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It could be a bit of a cost saving, yes. To get the same weight of almonds in Aldi would be a bit cheaper (a bit less than £1.50 vs £2), plus you could customise it as you say.

4. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

I picked up a couple of those sachets for 49p in H&B yesterday, with short dates.

I’ve got tiny Systema pots I use to carry an ounce of pb or mayo in my lunch bag :)

5. derry60

derry60 Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Go for the Meridian Almond Butter 100% nuts and no palm oil, natural sugars also..A little dearer but better at £3.50 a jar. Most supermarkets stock it

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

And if you eat a lot of it Meridian also do 1 kg tubs of both the almond and peanut butters as well as the little jars.

Robbity

• Like Like x 1
  7. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

You can usually get it for £3 in Lidl.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook