Aldi almond butter

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today at Aldi I noticed they are now doing small (170g) jars of almond butter. It's 100% roasted almonds. I just tried some neat and it's very nice. About £2. It was next to the peanut butters so presumably it's a "permanent" fixture. Their peanut butters are not as good - they taste nice but they have palm oil and salt in.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not sure if it provides a cost saving but I now roast almonds for 10 minutes at 200 degrees C with a little salt then blitz them in a food processor (noisy). Can add coconut and/or cocoa for variety. Not too faffy.
What I would love to find is some sachets of nut butters other than the Pip 'n' Squeak ones in Holland and Barrett (£1.50+ I think) as lugging a jar around isn't ideal!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if it provides a cost saving but I now roast almonds for 10 minutes at 200 degrees C with a little salt then blitz them in a food processor (noisy). Can add coconut and/or cocoa for variety. Not too faffy.
What I would love to find is some sachets of nut butters other than the Pip 'n' Squeak ones in Holland and Barrett (£1.50+ I think) as lugging a jar around isn't ideal!

It could be a bit of a cost saving, yes. To get the same weight of almonds in Aldi would be a bit cheaper (a bit less than £1.50 vs £2), plus you could customise it as you say.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I picked up a couple of those sachets for 49p in H&B yesterday, with short dates.

I’ve got tiny Systema pots I use to carry an ounce of pb or mayo in my lunch bag :)

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Go for the Meridian Almond Butter 100% nuts and no palm oil, natural sugars also..A little dearer but better at £3.50 a jar. Most supermarkets stock it

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go for the Meridian Almond Butter 100% nuts and no palm oil, natural sugars also..A little dearer but better at £3.50 a jar. Most supermarkets stock it

And if you eat a lot of it Meridian also do 1 kg tubs of both the almond and peanut butters as well as the little jars.

Robbity

Reactions: derry60