1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Aldi's Asparagus Recipes

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by AdamJames, May 9, 2018.

1. AdamJames

AdamJames Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've just got back from Aldi. At the checkouts they had pictures to try to encourage you to buy asparagus - 6 pictures of asparagus used in interesting ways, such as asparagus houmous.

One of them looked really simple from the picture, just asparagus wrapped in parma ham with cheese on top then baked. Very low carb friendly. Unfortunately I've just checked their website now and that recipe includes a lot more things than appeared, including flour. But still, asparagus, parma ham (or bacon) and cheese, baked, sounds good! I'm not doing complex cooking at the moment and simple stuff like that works for me.

There are some other recipes there that might tick the right boxes for people, such as grilled asparagus and almonds:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=asparagus&category=recipes

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. derry60

derry60 Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I will have Asparagus to dip in soft boiled eggs

3. Larissima

Larissima Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I love asparagus and eat it at least weekly. Griddled with olive oil, wrapped in bacon/Parma ham and baked, or chopped and fried in butter, with eggs (and chorizo). I must try adding cheese to the baked version - I can't believe I hadn't thought of that myself!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook