All Change

Visitor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So for about a year or more I have been taken insulin. Novarapid and Levemir

Its been tough, cant say it hasnt but I have plodded along as best as I can. I have extream pain in my legs diagnosed at first with diabelies Neurolagy (wrong signals sent to brain) and I use morphine.

So all of a suddern about 2 months ago, I woke up feeling very tired and weak, so bad I went back to bed, well its stayed with me with just a days break now and them.

But now the last 2 weeks Ive found it very hard to bring levels down, they are reaching 18 mm/ml at times ans I take a 20u of rapid, but test as I will it never comes down

Ive been given a freestyle libre system, and the last 3 days Ive been able to take 100 tests in a day if I want :) its a very good system, so Im taking tests every 30 min, more than needed, but you dont use anything while testing and best of all no blood sample taken

Ive compared it to my regular meter, whos to say that spot on ? but the sensor method is just 2 mm higher, so not more diffrent to normal meter.

Anyway to the point, I have to strugle with high pain in left foot and both legs, very high pain, then I have this extream weakness and very tired, and finally problems trying to get levels down

Yesterday i visited the diabeties clinc with the last 6 months readings, charts and more, he didnt want to see them, and as of yet hasnt put anything forward to tackly these prablems

what can i do... 19.2 mmol/l right now, 30 min after 20 units of rapid

Last edited:

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
are you confirmed type 2. if so maybe add metformin in and or change your insulin. what diet are you on.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I'm type 1 on the same insulin regime.
When do you take your levimir and do you take one or two doses per day.
I can only tell you what works for me and not say do this or that.......
Take your novorapid then go for a stroll.
I find a bit of moderate exercise combined with the insulin brings my sugar down.
As I say this works for me but I am type 1 of 43 years and in good health and am 49.

All the very best

Tony

Visitor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks i really appreciate your reply

Im type 2, so they tell me. Ive been taking 58 u of background once at 11 am and again at 23:00

The rapid i take when i see it go high

Well for a long time ive been carefull in what i eat, and ive never had a problem

This is very sudden, woke up one day feeling very tired and weak, at first it was a few days only and i would return to normal, but the normal days have got less

I was on metformin before insulin, in fact ive been given them again, right now my reading is great 7.2 but i am still very tired still very weak, and have to force myself to eat anything as i just dont feel well.

Since i have to take morphine sulphate for the high pain, for some reason i feel a bit better after taking them, yes i know that sounds daft, but these tablets dont block normal pain only signal type pain, so i should not feel better as far as eating etc.

Perhaps when they fit this new type of pain killer and i get off these morphine tablets ill feel better.

Just dont know why this suddenly happend, i was always feeling good with lots of energy, right now have to force myself to get out of bed

Oh cant walk, been in a wheelchair since 1995 with back damage after accident, so no exercise at all