'Allergic' reactions to insulin

jinty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone else have problems? I have been diabetic type 1 for 40 years . A year ago I started getting tingly lips & numb tongue as well as burning soles of feet after my injections. This has since progressed to palpatations and a feeling of permanently going low. I have finally got an immunology appointment this week but wondering if anyone else had probs & what they did? This has happened with novorapid regime and now porcine insulin too.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The only insulin I can use is bovine insulin due to adverse reaction to analogues and synthetic insulin's. Have you considered a pump, as small amounts would be going in so perhaps would help with the reaction.

Reactions: Struma

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else have problems? I have been diabetic type 1 for 40 years . A year ago I started getting tingly lips & numb tongue as well as burning soles of feet after my injections. This has since progressed to palpatations and a feeling of permanently going low. I have finally got an immunology appointment this week but wondering if anyone else had probs & what they did? This has happened with novorapid regime and now porcine insulin too.

Funny you mention about the "porcine" stuff. I've been diabetic for just ove 40 years & now & again got simalar syptoms (As a kid on the porcine) with the tingly lips & nub tongue, coupled with a flesh crawl/burning sensation on my legs?
Now I injected predominantly in my legs (rotating.) but always put the syptoms down to a cat alergy?
My family had a a couple of cats & they were always jumping on me at the time.. Lol. Possibly the reason I'm not a huge fan of cats now.. But I never had it when I changed to the human variant..!

Reactions: Struma

Tracie1212

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The only insulin I can use is bovine insulin due to adverse reaction to analogues and synthetic insulin's. Have you considered a pump, as small amounts would be going in so perhaps would help with the reaction.

Hi I am looking back at posts trying to understand why I have been feeling unwell. I was on novorapid but asked to change and was given apedra. I am getting numb tongue and face sensation. Trying to understand what insulin options I should be asking for on omnipod pump. Nurse keeps say it's not diabetes but I know it's the insulins. Need help please. Thanks

Tracie1212

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hi I am experiencing numb tongue and face with tingling plus palpitations using novorapid or apedra. Did you change your insulin? What did you change to? Thanks