1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Allergic to Metformin???

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by m1dpq, Apr 1, 2013.

1. m1dpq

m1dpq Type 2 · Active Member

Good Morning to All,

Is there anyone else out there who also has an allergic reation to Metformin ???

The last time i was prescribed it was a few years ago and i ended up in hospital for a few days, why i was prescribed Metformin 4 x 500mg daily, this either reacted with other medication is was taking at the time, or one of the ingredients contained within the make-up of Metformin has a negative effect on my system.

I take the following:- 1 x 10mg Morphine MR (every 12 hrs); 300mg Gabapentine x 3 daily; 50mg Cinnzzarine x 6 daily; 10mg Cetirizine x 1 daily; 20mg Fluoxetine x 2 daily; Alendronic Acid 70mg x 1 wkly;30mg Gliclazide MR x 4 daily; 75mg Levothyroxine x 1 daily; 10mg Montelukast x 1 daily; 500mg Paracetamol x 8 daily (spread); 200mg Quinine x 1 daily; 40mg Simvastatin x 1 daily and 100mg Sildenafil Citrate as and when required... other meds also include Ventolin, Seritide & Trioplone inhalers..

So something reacts with Metformin, Does anyone else have the same problem?

regards

Peter

2. Embabe25

Embabe25 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook