Almost there after just 1 week

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only came back to the forum 1 week ago after 18 months of stressful events.
I was diagnosed Type II in 2008 and was pretty much controlled until 1 week ago when I discovered my BS levels were haywire and may have been for a few weeks since I had been feeling awful. The highest spike was at 19.7 (not 19.1 as I posted a week ago).
After 1 week of strict LCHF , yesterday my fasting reading was 10.2 and throughout the day I varied between 7.6 and 9.2. I went off to bed at 8.6.
This morning I awoke to 8.1 which I didn't expect for a few months yet! I have 2 hours in the gym/pool today so I gave my body a treat of my very tasty Portobello Egg Benedict for breakfast (I have to give my body something to burn at the gym). I fully expect to get back in the low 6's today.
It is such a relief to grab control again so quickly (I've lost 5 lbs as well). I am also delighted that I feel 'normal' again and have rediscovered my joy at experimenting with LC cooking.
Now if I could just discover a low carb Nan bread.....
PS Still having problems with the Recipe App - it opens but nothing is there. I have tried installing again.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great job getting back on track.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only came back to the forum 1 week ago after 18 months of stressful events.
I was diagnosed Type II in 2008 and was pretty much controlled until 1 week ago when I discovered my BS levels were haywire and may have been for a few weeks since I had been feeling awful. The highest spike was at 19.7 (not 19.1 as I posted a week ago).
After 1 week of strict LCHF , yesterday my fasting reading was 10.2 and throughout the day I varied between 7.6 and 9.2. I went off to bed at 8.6.
This morning I awoke to 8.1 which I didn't expect for a few months yet! I have 2 hours in the gym/pool today so I gave my body a treat of my very tasty Portobello Egg Benedict for breakfast (I have to give my body something to burn at the gym). I fully expect to get back in the low 6's today.
It is such a relief to grab control again so quickly (I've lost 5 lbs as well). I am also delighted that I feel 'normal' again and have rediscovered my joy at experimenting with LC cooking.
Now if I could just discover a low carb Nan bread.....
PS Still having problems with the Recipe App - it opens but nothing is there. I have tried installing again.
And I was correct - 6.1 post Gym. Just a wee bit more to go....
Anyone any idea on the Recipe App ?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you , thank you....I have nan bread for the family tomorrow but will give this a go next week. At least I won't have to gasp at 71g carb content!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here you go. Only don't use the psyllium husk from Holland and Barrett cos it turns out purple, apparently there are some brands that don't.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter
I have xanthum gum in the cupboard but I noticed in some of the comments it isn't "nan like" so I'm going to chuck in some Nigella seeds to the mix. I was also wondering if a 20 min "prove" would help the mix ? (I'm made loads of LC desserts but never a bread product)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Freema

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Here you go. Only don't use the psyllium husk from Holland and Barrett cos it turns out purple, apparently there are some brands that don't.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter
It isn't exactly Purple @BarbaraG more like a very dark brown. They are delicious, had some not long out of the oven but cool today.. with peanut butter...absolutely yummy. Husband has stopped using just whites of the eggs as he wasn't able to use up the yolks. They work just as well with the whole egg!

Reactions: Freema

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Apart from looking odd, does it matter if it goes purple ie is it bad for you?

Not at all - I'm quite happy to eat them, but my non-LC husband looked at them funny!