Alpha lipoic acid works

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been taking 100mg of R-Ala twice a day instead of my usual 300mg twice a day.In the last fortnight all of my neuropathy has come back at night. I couldn’t work it out but when I checked the label realised I’d bought the wrong strength. If anything should persuade you that Apha Lipoic Acid works, it’s that. I’ve now bought R-Ala triple strength at 300mg per capsule - so is that one or two a day? Maths isn’t my thing x

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I’m guessing 2 x 300mg triple strength tablets would give me a dose of 600mg a day, rather than 1800 mg as I’d worked out!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think two a day is right, the triple strength is a pretty meaningless selling point, it's how much is in each tablet, and if it says 300mg, then that should be right.

Good to hear it works. Have you got libre yet?

Reactions: conniecar

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that! Makes complete sense now. Will get the cheaper ones next time as £20 for 30 Swanson ones is not great. Yes I’ve got a Libre but will find out in December if I qualify for the sensors on prescription, as it’s been a game changer for me. I’m a classic panic eater as a teacher and would love that reassurance that even if I feel hungry in front of a class, it might just be hungry and not hypo!? My husband works nights and I don’t sleep due to nocturnal hypos for 43 years so fingers crossed. Do you have one? How have you found it? X

Reactions: Alison54321

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that! Makes complete sense now. Will get the cheaper ones next time as £20 for 30 Swanson ones is not great. Yes I’ve got a Libre but will find out in December if I qualify for the sensors on prescription, as it’s been a game changer for me. I’m a classic panic eater as a teacher and would love that reassurance that even if I feel hungry in front of a class, it might just be hungry and not hypo!? My husband works nights and I don’t sleep due to nocturnal hypos for 43 years so fingers crossed. Do you have one? How have you found it? X

Yes, I do have libre. I'm very lucky I live somewhere it's been prescribed since early this year. I've found it's made a massive difference, it's so much easier to control blood sugars with so much more information, and I can make much better informed decisions on how much insulin to take, and everything else.

Hope you get the prescription.