Alternative(s) to Low Carbs? Can’t do it!

Jowen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi - I have had 3-4 attempts at Low Carb over as many years but didn’t tolerate it. I couldn’t understand the simple reason at first but then realised that I was Low Carbing AND Low Fatting As I cannot process fats since having my gall bladder removed. Looking for the next best then I will leave you Low Carbers alone! ;). Thank you in advance x

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
As type 2 is basically an inability to process quantities of carbs, it is difficult to suggest an alternative to carb reduction.
Have you simply been told that you must avoid fats, or have you discovered that fats cause you problems in some way. I ask because I have just been reading Diet Doctor on the subject, ttps://www.dietdoctor.com/gallstones-and-low-carb At the bottom of the page he states,
Another common question is if you can eat LCHF if your gallbladder is already removed. The answer is that this seems to work fine.
Some people without a gallbladder might have to increase their intake of fat gradually to allow their body time to adapt. Otherwise the body might not have time to digest the fat which could result in loose fatty stools initially. However this rarely seems to be a problem.

Sally

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I have no gallbladder and can eat low carb. I suppose it depends how low carb you tried and how high the fat was. It's a fine balance to find the right ratio and trial and error seems to be the way to go. Without knowing your ratios, it's hard to recommend.

Reactions: julie56

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
try Using coconut oil for your fat. It does not require bile, which your gallbladder stored, for digestion. If you don’t like the flavor, I have seen some with flavor removed and they even make a butter flavored coconut oil. The down side is you need to make your own foods. Then again, I have found that I don’t eat out as much and try to bring my own food to work In order to ditch the carbs