Am I having DP or is it hypos in the night?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently noticed I've been having between 7s and 10s in the morning. I go to bed in the 7s and usually wake with 5s and 6s. Am I having liver dump or am I going low in the night and having released glucose? Feel hungover with these numbers in the morning and a bit sweaty. I take novo rapid with every meal and levemir at night. See DN next Wednesday. Would like advice to sort it out sooner rather than later. Thanks xx

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently noticed I've been having between 7s and 10s in the morning. I go to bed in the 7s and usually wake with 5s and 6s. Am I having liver dump or am I going low in the night and having released glucose? Feel hungover with these numbers in the morning and a bit sweaty. I take novo rapid with every meal and levemir at night. See DN next Wednesday. Would like advice to sort it out sooner rather than later. Thanks xx
From your description, it does sound possible. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to set your alarm clock for various points through the night and test your level.

Shiba.

Reactions: Diabeticmumof2
K

Knikki

Very difficult to say really, the only way you will know if your going lower during the night is either having a CGM on or wake up at say 2:00 in the morning, and doing a blood test to see if that is the case.

Your numbers look OK to me BUT I am no medical expert.

Reactions: Diabeticmumof2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for replying guys. I think I might get a libre with a separate app. It just seems like a no brainer for me. I will try testing a couple of times in the night to check. I think since having controlled bg is making me sensitive to changes which is a good thing. Hopefully will have it sorted soon. I don't particularly like having Ghandi's flip flop for a mouth in the morning. All good advice. TIA xx

Reactions: Knikki