Am I really diabetic?

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all!
Yesterday, was naughty but also curious. My Fbg has been low recently due to following a LC high to medium fat diet (under 20g carbs). Fbg around 4.1 - 5.3. Had a Toby carvery yesterday, roast potatoes, mash, cauliflower cheese mint sauce (by accident, old habit, but tried to avoid on the plate!) my readings were Fbg 5.3 straight after meal 6.6 then every half hour as follows.. 10.8 12.2 12.1 8.2
I then tried a muller light low fat strawberry yogurt about 15g carbs and a Sainsburys full fat chocolate mousse sundae 30g carb ..surprisingly my readings from 8.2 were 2 hours later 6.0!
Bedtime bg was 7.7
This mornings fbg was 5.7

What do you all think of these readings..I’m confused

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds diabetic to me. Assuming I understand you correctly, one hour after your main meal you had a reading of 12.2 and at an hour and a half it was 12.1. That is a slow response to carbs. Also, six weeks ago, according to the small print at the bottom of your post, you had an HbA1c of 56. This is regarded as diabetic.
Sally

Reactions: Petaluk

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds delicious! Well, the carvery does. I wouldn't have enjoyed the rest.

Those readings are to be expected after such a meal, and because you were still high 2.5 hours later (and quite a bit higher than when you started) show you are still diabetic I'm afraid. I'm not sure what to make of the drop 2 hours after the puddings, but your bedtime reading shows you went up again, so maybe there was a delayed action, which went down again overnight..

It all goes to prove that low carb keeps us in control.

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks omg as I’m writing this a shadow like a smokey spot that’s see through has appeared in my right eye. It is following my eye as I read. After doing a quick web search was advised to call 111 who have told me to attend A & E ASAP...terrified :(

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds diabetic to me. Assuming I understand you correctly, one hour after your main meal you had a reading of 12.2 and at an hour and a half it was 12.1. That is a slow response to carbs. Also, six weeks ago, according to the small print at the bottom of your post, you had an HbA1c of 56. This is regarded as diabetic.
Sally
Thanks

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks omg as I’m writing this a shadow like a smokey spot that’s see through has appeared in my right eye. It is following my eye as I read. After doing a quick web search was advised to call 111 who have told me to attend A & E ASAP...terrified :(

It sounds like a floater to me. I have one. I Googled floaters when it first appeared and self diagnosed myself as having a Weiss Ring floater (sounds very much like yours). I just went to the optician who examined it and agreed it is a floater. They are very common. However, you do need to see an optician fairly urgently to make sure.

Mine arrived suddenly, and is more noticeable when I am looking at a light surface.

Reactions: Petaluk

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Home now :) was a bit of garden debris or something in my eye! It’s caused a legion so cream 3 times a day and no driving for 5 days. Really relieved wasn’t anything too serious :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Home now :) was a bit of garden debris or something in my eye! It’s caused a legion so cream 3 times a day and no driving for 5 days. Really relieved wasn’t anything too serious :)

Good news!! What a relief!