Am I starting to become Insulin sensitive?

smahmo99

Previously I’ve always injected between 17-25units of Novorapid before every meal but recently I always get a hypo after a meal and I’ve lowered my units to anything between 11-14 units and I still get hypos?

My long lasting Lantus is anything between 22-24 units and that’s because I always suffer from rising blood sugar levels in the morning or after I wake up.

The reason I think I’m starting to become insulin sensitive is because I’ve recently started Intermittent fasting which is supposed to help with that.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Previously I’ve always injected between 17-25units of Novorapid before every meal but recently I always get a hypo after a meal and I’ve lowered my units to anything between 11-14 units and I still get hypos?

My long lasting Lantus is anything between 22-24 units and that’s because I always suffer from rising blood sugar levels in the morning or after I wake up.

The reason I think I’m starting to become insulin sensitive is because I’ve recently started Intermittent fasting which is supposed to help with that.

Hi there - Do you carb count, to match your insulin to the food you choose to eat, or do you take a standardised dose for each meal, irrespective of what you eat?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

Have you also changed your diet regarding what you do eat? (When you eat.)
OK, the "intermittent fasting." I do a little of that too. But due to what i do..(you can't sing digesting. 12 hours, at least. Restricts the diaphram for breathing.)

I also notice you a a relatively new member on the forum. Welcome by the way.!
I also do Lantus.

Basal testing may be the best start before working out what's happening with the working profile on what you dose for the meals.

Edit; how long since your T1 diagnosis? Scrub that. Just found out about 10 years?

Any change in activity lately? New physically or even mentally demanding job..?

Last edited:

localshop

just out of interest, what sort of meal would you take 25u of Novorapid for? My meals are between 4u and 12u, I think if I took 25u I'd be in big trouble!

localshop

Insulin doses vary depending on many things and are different for all of us.
I would never get hung up on taking more or less than anyone else.
Just because you would be in big trouble with 25 units of fast acting insulin is irrelevant to anyone else's dose.
ok ok! I wasn't intending to offend, which I appear to have done. Calm down.