An update

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People judging my condition not knowing enough about it.
I absolutely agree with everything you say, I suppose in time I will accept that this is how it is and compared to those that have lost their sight altogether we are very lucky.
Just hard to adjust to partial sight when I have been so independent all my life and never had to rely on anyone. I will get used to it.

Jemmalee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Can I please just ask - you mention you do not have diabetic macula edema but are still getting a Avastin shots?
Hello. Thank you so much for your reply. Hope you are doing well. I’m still going through it all. 4x laser in each eye and Avastin shot in each every 6 weeks. No more laser for now at least. Honestly, I feel like my vision is getting worse. Right when has a big cloudy / blind spot in the middle. I don’t have dme so not sure if it is bleeding or not. Honestly. This whole thing is tiring not going to lie. But going through it.
Did you vision get bad at any point ( during treatment)and improved eventually? Any central vision cloudiness / grey spots that you’ve seen and went away? again thanks for your response and happy holidays.

Can I please just ask - you mention you do not have diabetic macula edema but are still getting a Avastin shots? Is this specifically for PDR without ME?

The reason I ask is because I have had laser to both eyes but have had to begin paying privately for avastin shots because the NHS won’t cover mine due to me not having macula edema! It is very expensive (I’m paying £1000 a time) so any help would be very appreciated