Analysing Your BG

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are others analysing their BG data? Assuming you bother at all :)

I find it interesting and helpful to upload to my laptop. I guess it depends on your BG monitor/software if you can do that. I haven't done it for a while but certainly will be doing so weekly in future (given my last HbA1c), to try to tighten control and pinpoint where I spike too often.

Has anybody else found that doing that has helped with their control? Are you using an app? The BG monitor itself?

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it has helped me. I use the contour next one and contour USB. It has reduced my out of range readings from 75% to 13%. I was previously using the True You meter given to me by my GP but found it to be pretty useless for analysis. My HbA1c has come down from 7.6%. To 6.7% (60 - 50).

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it has helped me. I use the contour next one and contour USB. It has reduced my out of range readings from 75% to 13%. I was previously using the True You meter given to me by my GP but found it to be pretty useless for analysis. My HbA1c has come down from 7.6%. To 6.7% (60 - 50).

Thank you. That's great to hear. Hopefully I'll get similar results :)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are others analysing their BG data? Assuming you bother at all :)

I find it interesting and helpful to upload to my laptop. I guess it depends on your BG monitor/software if you can do that. I haven't done it for a while but certainly will be doing so weekly in future (given my last HbA1c), to try to tighten control and pinpoint where I spike too often.

Has anybody else found that doing that has helped with their control? Are you using an app? The BG monitor itself?
I use the Dario Smart meter which allows me to view my reports on my smartphone or export my reports via email to view on a PC, tablet, etc.

I don't so much analyse my data, well maybe I do but it doesn't feel like it. I tend to do it each day as I go, rather than in one data binge. Evening BG vs morning fasting BG and post prandial readings are where I focus most of my attention - again, this is done every day by default really...

I do like how my meter logs my avg BG (including standard deviation), avg daily carb intake and average TDD. These stats do help a lot when it comes to manipulating my ratios. It also spits out an estimated HbA1c which is fun to compare against the lab results.

Reactions: DiabeticDadUK