And now I know why I was feeling like ****!

Tsukasa73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Selfish people, the winter, being bored, flying
BTW, I'm thrilled at all the responses. Hearing your stories helps me understand what I'm going through so keep 'em coming!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
Glad that you are doing much better, Tsukasa!

I am also (relatively) new to diagnosis and I am feeling so much better after less than one month. This forum has helped me so much, esp regarding keeping my spirits up and not feeling alone.

Take care and see 'ya 'round the site!;)

Tsukasa73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've met some great people here, all willing to lend an ear and help out. As well as some who need words of encouragement.
Being in limbo and waiting on the results of the c-peptide test to find out which type I am, is becoming a wee bit frustrating, but I am hoping that sometime this week I will hear some results.
Being on 2000mg of metformin (Janumet) and yet having my glucose go into the double digits if I eat something and miss an insulin injection doesn't look promising. I also wake in the morning with a glucose level of around 11mmol/L. I take my Lantus at night so that's a bit confusing.
Guess I just have to wait and see.

EwanBarr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hi

I was diagnosed as Type 2 last year and it went into spontaneous remission so they done an anti gad test which tells you whether you are type 1 or type 2. It came back saying I am type 1.

I had the same symptoms as you but had rapid weight loss as well. Stone and a half off in 3 weeks.

I'm now injecting which isn't too bad once it comes part of your daily routine.

Tsukasa73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I wonder if you were misdiagnosed as a type 2. Sound like you might have been a type 1.5 which from what I've read always ends up being type 1 after some time.
Did you have a c-peptide test done when they diagnosed you as type 2?
I've been losing weight as well, but not as rapid.
Were you on metformin while they thought you were T2?