android app for insulin calculations

weeezer

this may have been asked before, but i can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for, so forgive me if i'm repeating myself!

anyone know/recommend an app on android phones for calculating insulin in relation to what blood sugar is and how many carbs etc? in particular one that uses UK values? will be getting iphone in august, so interested in that too...but got HTC at the mo.

know there are you techies out there who will know! cheers

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

Not heard of an app as such, i know there are many that act as diaries but many aren't in mmols so no good for us.

My BG meter has this feature as it links up with my pump but i'm sure many meters offer this function now, i assume it would be better on your meter than your phone anyway!

If you can't find one then look into making one? Make your millions :D

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
As has been said, their are no apps for insulin calculations. But their are apps to help with carb counting and blood glucose diaries. I own an IPhone and have recently indulged myself and bought an iBG star glucose machine which uses an app Ava for free from the app store. Ok the meter cost £40, but it is very small and you don't need an IPhone to use it, it works as a stand alone meter as well, but the app for it is very good and when you get your phone, you just open the app, plug the meter in and test it then sores the result with day time pre or post meal and carb count and dose.

dplmartin

I don't know of one on android but take a look for Rapidcalc on the iTunes store. There's a free demo available. I use it all the time. Check out my review on YouTube.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Why not just ask your nurse for one of the meters that do this?

The aviva expert. Ot the insulinx

You nurse with provide one FOC

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You may be interested in trying the Android app which I have developed.
It includes calculating a suggested insulin dose, together with full records of BGs, Insulin, Exercise, Ratios & more.
Please see my post "Android App" in the Diabetes Discussions forum.
Regards,
Robert