Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I’m really annoyed because of a few thing

Christmas was ok apart from my dad moaning about everything and swearing at me once. I did get to see more of my Dutch family and spend a bit of time in London it was a good time and got good presents from my family. However I’m also annoyed as I got back yesterday and earlier today I went into town for a quick errand to change some euros back into pound. Only for my dad to get ruined by some deliveroo riders. I had issues with them before however I thought they shop and I got threatend and called names (there has been times they’ve been physical before) by them by my local shopping centre and when this happens I get really mad and ussually get into trouble myself I try to stop myself but due to another condition not my diabeties. I just can’t and then when the next rider appears I end up doing something stupid to them and whenever bystanders ask I just can’t explain I try too but I just can’t but this time I eventually was able to explain to security.

however these issues that keep happening make me want to leave England and even though i like England I just hate my life becuse if this. I didn’t even finish some shopping for friends birthday. It’s getting to the point I get scared of the riders everytime I go into town and everytime is see them I get reminded of before. It’s gotten to the point that I almost feel like what happend back in 2014 with my school bullies and I don’t want to go down the same route. The truth is back in 2014 during year 10 the bullying by my classmates and younger years got too much and no one knows this because people think it was a mistake but I actually tried to take my own life by doing way too much insulin and if it wasn’t for my mum, older brother and neighbours and paramedics, I probably wouldn’t of survived. I regret that but I feel like it’s going down the same route again. Thing is I’ve realised I don’t often tell anyone till things are too late and well at these times it doesn’t help as incidents cause me stop testing which causes my levels to be high. Also it makes me scared everytime I got into town as those riders are everywhere and I just can’t avoid them. Your supposed to feel safe in town
Sometimes I wonder If they do it because of my condition or if they think they can get away since there self employed they can’t get reported to their company. Well i don’t think you can so there for can’t face disciplinary action or get fired like if you were working in a store and did it. They need to learn somehow

What should I do?

upload_2019-12-30_22-24-18.png

View attachment 37505

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m really annoyed because of a few thing

Christmas was ok apart from my dad moaning about everything and swearing at me once. I did get to see more of my Dutch family and spend a bit of time in London it was a good time and got good presents from my family. However I’m also annoyed as I got back yesterday and earlier today I went into town for a quick errand to change some euros back into pound. Only for my dad to get ruined by some deliveroo riders. I had issues with them before however I thought they shop and I got threatend and called names (there has been times they’ve been physical before) by them by my local shopping centre and when this happens I get really mad and ussually get into trouble myself I try to stop myself but due to another condition not my diabeties. I just can’t and then when the next rider appears I end up doing something stupid to them and whenever bystanders ask I just can’t explain I try too but I just can’t but this time I eventually was able to explain to security.

however these issues that keep happening make me want to leave England and even though i like England I just hate my life becuse if this. I didn’t even finish some shopping for friends birthday. It’s getting to the point I get scared of the riders everytime I go into town and everytime is see them I get reminded of before. It’s gotten to the point that I almost feel like what happend back in 2014 with my school bullies and I don’t want to go down the same route. The truth is back in 2014 during year 10 the bullying by my classmates and younger years got too much and no one knows this because people think it was a mistake but I actually tried to take my own life by doing way too much insulin and if it wasn’t for my mum, older brother and neighbours and paramedics, I probably wouldn’t of survived. I regret that but I feel like it’s going down the same route again. Thing is I’ve realised I don’t often tell anyone till things are too late and well at these times it doesn’t help as incidents cause me stop testing which causes my levels to be high. Also it makes me scared everytime I got into town as those riders are everywhere and I just can’t avoid them. Your supposed to feel safe in town
Sometimes I wonder If they do it because of my condition or if they think they can get away since there self employed they can’t get reported to their company. Well i don’t think you can so there for can’t face disciplinary action or get fired like if you were working in a store and did it. They need to learn somehow

What should I do?

View attachment 37506

View attachment 37505

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time at the moment, @Lulu9101112 . I think you know already that I'm going to say you need to reach out to your medical team, or mental health worker. You need help with this.

Regarding these delivery riders: Even if they are self employed, when they do work for whoever it is, they are agreeing to do certain things, in certain ways, and failing to do so is likely to be a breach of their contract of engagement.

I would say, the very vast majority of people go to work for the money it pays them, to pay their bills, so if a delivery driver stops getting work, they'll feel the pinch.

Self-employed people are not above the law.

But, please do seek help for your underlying condition. You need to get well.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm sorry you're having such a tough time at the moment, @Lulu9101112 . I think you know already that I'm going to say you need to reach out to your medical team, or mental health worker. You need help with this.

Regarding these delivery riders: Even if they are self employed, when they do work for whoever it is, they are agreeing to do certain things, in certain ways, and failing to do so is likely to be a breach of their contract of engagement.

I would say, the very vast majority of people go to work for the money it pays them, to pay their bills, so if a delivery driver stops getting work, they'll feel the pinch.

Self-employed people are not above the law.

But, please do seek help for your underlying condition. You need to get well.
Thanks but I find it awkard to speak to people because of previous incidents and well yesterday.

Yeah but you can’t report self employed people to their company as far as I know

talking about the law has been a few times before where I’ve gone to police but unfortunately they couldn’t do much as the evidence I had was too old and was recordid over. I just realised after saying this I should add about what happened yesterday.

the truth is i sort of need to go Into the same area later to get a few birthday presents and more chlothes. I always get scared the same thing is going to happen and I can’t leave my camera on as it’s a no record area

And to be honest I lost
all my previous contacts as I have a new phone as old one stopped working during holiday so I can’t reach out to anyone and well my parents my mums on holiday and my dads in another country. I was only eventually able to tell security yesterday. But even that was hard

I don’t. even get as much sleep I tend to go to sleep around midnight instead of 10.30 and wake up at 6/7 instead of 7.30 8 probably for the same reason ^

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks but I find it awkard to speak to people because of previous incidents and well yesterday.

Yeah but you can’t report self employed people to their company as far as I know

talking about the law has been a few times before where I’ve gone to police but unfortunately they couldn’t do much as the evidence I had was too old and was recordid over. I just realised after saying this I should add about what happened yesterday.

the truth is i sort of need to go Into the same area later to get a few birthday presents and more chlothes. I always get scared the same thing is going to happen and I can’t leave my camera on as it’s a no record area

And to be honest I lost
all my previous contacts as I have a new phone as old one stopped working during holiday so I can’t reach out to anyone and well my parents my mums on holiday and my dads in another country. I was only eventually able to tell security yesterday. But even that was hard

I don’t. even get as much sleep I tend to go to sleep around midnight instead of 10.30 and wake up at 6/7 instead of 7.30 8 probably for the same reason ^

Lulu - I'm not necessarily talking about going to the Police - although if you suspect a crime has been committed, then they are the ones to deal with it.

You absolutely can report them to the delivery company - whether it Deliveroo, a Pizza house, or your local takeaway.

The rider/driver is being paid to carry out a service, which I imagine is something like make deliveries to customers in a timely manner, whilst being polite. If a rider/driver builds a reputation for being rude, or whatever else, they'll be unlikely to be used again by the company. Most business owners want happy customers.

As far as reaching out; if you would usually ring your clinic, they'll be in the phone book. If you usually contact mental health services, they'll be in the phone book too. OK, you might be put through to a switchboard, but they can put you through, surely?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lulu - I'm not necessarily talking about going to the Police - although if you suspect a crime has been committed, then they are the ones to deal with it.

You absolutely can report them to the delivery company - whether it Deliveroo, a Pizza house, or your local takeaway.

The rider/driver is being paid to carry out a service, which I imagine is something like make deliveries to customers in a timely manner, whilst being polite. If a rider/driver builds a reputation for being rude, or whatever else, they'll be unlikely to be used again by the company. Most business owners want happy customers.

As far as reaching out; if you would usually ring your clinic, they'll be in the phone book. If you usually contact mental health services, they'll be in the phone book too. OK, you might be put through to a switchboard, but they can put you through, surely?
Thanks and I understand now

also weirdly right after I posted my reply all my contacts came back it’s like my mobile knew what I was talking about lol. That was bizzare as I didn’t have them yesterday

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks and I understand now

also weirdly right after I posted my reply all my contacts came back it’s like my mobile knew what I was talking about lol. That was bizzare as I didn’t have them yesterday

Blimey - You have an alien mobile phone! (Just joking.) Technology is great when it works.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Blimey - You have an alien mobile phone! (Just joking.) Technology is great when it works.
I’ve reported them before as there’s been times it gotten physical before I posted this and that’s why I get scared of them as well.

Lol
the only thing is how do you report those companies like deliveroo?

D

Deleted member 308541

It's because the phone has synced, if it's a Android phone it will have synced with Google, if it's a Apple it would have synced with Apple.

It's normally instant that it updates contacts bookmarks etc. when you first log in to your account with a new phone.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks,

I did above they got bask in same day asking for more details and I did and waiting for them to get back now

anyway surprisingly they weren’t around much yesterday. Infect most of the ones I saw were moped ones and they don’t bother me it’s only the cyclists. Unless this is a cheeky way deliveroo is dealing with them. (I guess the moped riders haven’t done anything because there easier to track down due to their license plate whilst so cyclists probably think they can get away with it.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well I guess it was quiet because of New Years yesterday. I get afraid of them very easily. Thing is so many things have happened before with them. That I just get scared too easily and it feels like there going to do it every time. So i tend to go off when they arrive but can’t always. I don’t even know what to say because I’ve had a few pedestrians come up to me and say they’ve seen the same things happen when I’ve been involved. Does anyone know why bystanders say this?