1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

ANIMAS 2020

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by deansp8, Dec 16, 2008.

1. deansp8

deansp8 · Newbie

I am shortly going to be put on the Animas 2020 pump and I wondered if anyone else is on this pump and would like to share their experience of using it and any problems with it ?
    8)

thanks Dean Sp8

2. pumpinpatsy

pumpinpatsy Type 2 · Member

Hi, I've been on it a few weeks now and love it!

I had a problem this morning changing my canular and it said to ring the service team, so I did - spoke to someone straight away and got sorted within 5 minutes. That was help from the US and they were great!

What do you want to know and I'll see if I can answer.

3. olliedig

olliedig · Newbie

Hi

My son (aged 5) has been on the Animas pump for about 7 months now. We had a few problems at first. We had to change the type of insulin we were using from humalog to novorapid and it took a while to sort out all the different basal levels but all in all it has been a vast improvement to the five injections a day.

The only thing that seems to be bugging us is air bubbles in the line. We set up the cartridge overnight to try and get all the air bubbles to settle and then blow them out - but we still seem to get them cropping up. It does have a massive effect on my little lad as he is on such tiny amounts of insulin. :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook