Animas vibe cracked second time.

lely

Hi All not been on for a while.
I've noticed my animas vibe has cracked this morning, by the battery compartment.
The thing is,this is the second time this is happened so I'm a bit concerned I'm gonna be classed as a liability.
I don't do any excessive exercise. I wear pump on bra in day and on shorts thought night. I'm not aware of any drops or knocks on this or the previous pump.
I was made aware, after the last one, there is an issue with this if the cap on battery compartment is tightened to much but don't believe I've done this as I'm aware of it.
Has anyone else using the animas vibe had this issue.
I'm now wondering if I should ask for a different type of pump if this one is prone to problems.im well aware of the cost of this equipment and don't want it be what makes them pull funding.
Thanks all.

D

Deleted Account

I had this issue recently.
It was only the first time it had happened to me.
I knew about the warning regarding over-tightening the battery cap and, like you, had been careful.
I pointed this out when I called Animas and they replaced the pump in less than 24 hours.
Their advise was to stop using it immediately as it may result in a loss of power (which leads to a loss in insulin pumping) that I may not notice. I decided to take the risk and was fine.