Annoyed at nighttime result!

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hello,

I've been testing steadily for a few weeks and all is going well. For the first time about 20 minutes ago I decided to test before bed. Had a great day levels wise and was expecting a low result.

7.8 - Not bad but seemed off so did another straight away.

4.7 - No chance. Seen a couple of odd results so chalked it up to that.

Went and washed my hands to try again.

5.9 - more like what I was expecting so a quick double check.

7.0- ***!?!

Bit annoyed and disillusioned; what if all my other good results have been flash in the pan? Should I test multiple times each time I test? My OCD tendencies are kicking in and I don't want to derail my hard work by obsessing.

What do you think?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hello,

I've been testing steadily for a few weeks and all is going well. For the first time about 20 minutes ago I decided to test before bed. Had a great day levels wise and was expecting a low result.

7.8 - Not bad but seemed off so did another straight away.

4.7 - No chance. Seen a couple of odd results so chalked it up to that.

Went and washed my hands to try again.

5.9 - more like what I was expecting so a quick double check.

7.0- ***!?!

Bit annoyed and disillusioned; what if all my other good results have been flash in the pan? Should I test multiple times each time I test? My OCD tendencies are kicking in and I don't want to derail my hard work by obsessing.

What do you think?
i would suggest you see wether you can obtain a loan meter such as from your DN and compare results with the same blood sample. you could start this with a comparative test at one of your visits to your DN.

Reactions: bigsi1984

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's s couple of week old code free.
I would suggest trying changing the battery even if it is quite new.. I get odd results with a low battery and it may have been at the stockists for a while before you got it. Always good to keep a couple spare.
Edit to add especially if it has been ok so far and has just started doing the odd readings.. also check the use by date on the strips just in case.