Annoying 'Tap to open the app librelink android' notifications

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For the last two weeks I'm getting annoying 'tap to open the app' notifications. Annoying because they typically come perhaps half a minute after I've opened the app or scanned and are associated with a bee-bee-bee or perhaps bee-blah-bee sound. I've I've already started to make a note in the app, pressing the notification removes the note. No idea what changed - they started after I'd finished an android recharge and update, and from that I enabled the a11y features, particularly high-contrast keyboard, but reviewing those options I can't see anything rlevant. Looking at 'About' I see this is version 2.11.1.10973 - I don't recall that version, so perhaps it was updated while charging, and I note that I'm now on android 14 - I'm fairly sure it was on 13 before that security update.

Reactions: Westley

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try this remove the app from the phone and then reinstall it from the app store and sign back in and you should have no problems after that because I had the same problem and that's why I left android and moved over to Apple and I don't get any problems full stop as it runs smoothly on apple

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I remove the app I lose all the recent history fro mmy phone. So I'll only do that when the logbook gets so slow as to be unusable. It would take a lot to persuade me to buy an apple product.

sgm14

Looking at 'About' I see this is version 2.11.1.10973 - I don't recall that version, so perhaps it was updated while charging, and I note that I'm now on android 14 - I'm fairly sure it was on 13 before that security update.

I always hate it when something breaks after two or more things have changed - never know who to blame!

The 2.11.1.10973 version is the one I have and seems to be the latest and so looking at play store was presumably changed on 14 Feb 2024.

I have seen this 'tap to open' issue but it is not occurring at the moment. Unfortunately too many things where happening at the same time that I can not be sure of what caused or fixed the issue, but I have my suspicions that it is related to Bluetooth issues.

Briefly what happened is that my old phone broke and I went into my local Tesco and bought the cheapest Moto G that had Bluetooth and NFC (a G14). It lasted a couple of days before I returned it as it giving constant signal loss errors. I think that it was at this time that I was also getting the 'tap to open' notification, but wasn't paying those too much attention as they were merely annoying when compared with the signal loss problems which were causing real problems.

So instead I got a moto G13 (which I knew worked) and I have had that for about 10 days and it is working well. Both phones are Android 13 and both running the same version of librelink and despite being an older phone the G13 seems to have a newer version of Bluetooth than the G14!

Hence the reasons why I suspect bluebooth issues. I have seen a case where I had the librelink app open and updating every minute and then it displayed a signal loss message and then, perhaps a minute later, it updated the display with a new reading. I did not get any notifications at that time, so it would look like the 'signal loss' notification is not sent immediately, but after a period of time (maybe 15 minutes or so). So it is possible that the 'tap to open' message appears after the signal has been lost and then later it has been found again. (Speculation, but I am trying to think of why the programmers would go to the trouble of coding this notification and the only think I can think of is that they are trying to get you to check your blood glucose now that they are able to tell what it is - but don't actually check how long the signal was lost for.)

Not very helpful, but I was wondering if the messages stop if you disable either the 'signal loss alarm' notification or the 'Errors' notification.

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've mostly had the signal loss alarm disabled since the first day - if the sensor is on my right arm and the phone is in my left trouser pocket (its normal place) it often loses signal, similarly when I am asleep and move in bed it often shows a gap when I look later. I've just been into the phone's Settings for the App and turned off Errors (and disabled popup notifications (not sure what badge notifications are ?). Far more choices there than are available in librelink itself. Will see how this goes. Thanks.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You may lose the history of the app when you uninstall the app but the hospital or GP still gets the results from your Libre so it's easier to uninstall the app and lose the history and then install it then to not have it working properly and it does work just you have to wait for the next sensor if you are half way through one and and you get everything working as it should also you get the latest version and the new version of settings

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've mostly had the signal loss alarm disabled since the first day - if the sensor is on my right arm and the phone is in my left trouser pocket (its normal place) it often loses signal, similarly when I am asleep and move in bed it often shows a gap when I look later. I've just been into the phone's Settings for the App and turned off Errors (and disabled popup notifications (not sure what badge notifications are ?). Far more choices there than are available in librelink itself. Will see how this goes. Thanks.
No change.

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You may lose the history of the app when you uninstall the app but the hospital or GP still gets the results from your Libre so it's easier to uninstall the app and lose the history and then install it then to not have it working properly and it does work just you have to wait for the next sensor if you are half way through one and and you get everything working as it should also you get the latest version and the new version of settings
I did that perhaps late last year (can't find any note of when). My readings change from week to week, I like to be able to look through the past few weeks to compare. Anyway, it looks as if a newer version of the app is what has led to the annoying 'tap to open' notifications (not every time I open the app, but often).

At the moment my logbook is accessible in 11 seconds (I just timed it), so not deleting and reinstalling.