annoying things people say

luci44

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
most annoying thing is when people say "you can have a small amount of things you obviously cannot ,they think they know better than you about your condition, some even suggest its your diet that caused it when in fact it was not the case ,others say you cannot be a real diabetic ,whats constitutes a real diabetic ? all this from people that drink like fish ,smoke like chimneys while munching giant doorstep white bread sandwiches ,and say they must get their cravings under control some day ,when they fail to understand your situaiton ,they just walk away .......................!!!

Reactions: 2 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
most annoying thing is when people say "you can have a small amount of things you obviously cannot ,they think they know better than you about your condition, some even suggest its your diet that caused it when in fact it was not the case ,others say you cannot be a real diabetic ,whats constitutes a real diabetic ? all this from people that drink like fish ,smoke like chimneys while munching giant doorstep white bread sandwiches ,and say they must get their cravings under control some day ,when they fail to understand your situaiton ,they just walk away .......................!!!

Are you still eating celery for breakfast and cabbage and bacon for lunch Shane? :jimlad:

Last edited by a moderator:

luci44

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
as I told you before my name is not shane you have mistaken me for someone else ,now please stop harassing me

luci44

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes ,I agree, mostly one is alone in dealing with these situations , online research along with medical advice is all we have to go on, other peoples opinions are only opinions they are not always correct but it can be upsetting when they force them upon you especially when you know they are incorrect .sometimes I feel like an outcast, ,treated unfairly by people because of illness .

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed in November and, lucky for me, the staff where I work have never said anything negative to me. Some don't comment at all but most are interested in my new eating habits and make encouraging comments about my weight loss and determination. The only person reprimanding me is me. I had become such a pizza addicted slouch when I used to be an exercise junky. I was always a big water but it never showed because I was exercise made. Life happens I guess. I try not to blame myself because that would make me as bad as those that make the hurtful comments mentioned by the OP. What I know is that the destructive cycle of carb addiction together with depression is not always one's own "fault" so I try not to kick myself too much. For me the diagnosis of Type 2 has been a blessing in disguise.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App