Annual Eye Test and HbA1c

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Had my annual eye test last week, letter arrived yesterday - all is good, so pleased with that one.

HbA1c - still waiting on results - need to phone the diabetic nurse and make an appointment - will then have annual foot check etc, hopefully medication review so I can discuss no longer taking Statin due to side effects although never really happy to take it in the first place.

Will let you all know how it turns out - will be asking this time for a print out of results.

Weight is still totally static - beginning to think the new scales only have one reading! Glad to be staying the same would love to be losing but it is what it is.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my annual eye test last week, letter arrived yesterday - all is good, so pleased with that one.

HbA1c - still waiting on results - need to phone the diabetic nurse and make an appointment - will then have annual foot check etc, hopefully medication review so I can discuss no longer taking Statin due to side effects although never really happy to take it in the first place.

Will let you all know how it turns out - will be asking this time for a print out of results.

Weight is still totally static - beginning to think the new scales only have one reading! Glad to be staying the same would love to be losing but it is what it is.
In my area Hba1c results are usually posted out. Make sure the foot test is thorough and the the nurse does the sensitivity test to check for neuropathy. Always had one do far, but got the feeling last time that she just couldn't be bothered.