Annual Review

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My HbA1C results are in 5.4% or 36mmol/mol. :)

Statins have reduced my Cholesterol levels also.:meh:

We'll see what my DN says next week.....

Again thanks to all here for their support, advice, laughs and recipes.

Reactions: dbr10 and Prem51

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Prem51,

She normally is, despite trying to "tow the party line" on carbs, she knows I wont fall back into my old life.

Reactions: dbr10

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Review notes from my DN yesterday:

"Mr K9 is maintaining excellent diabetes control, HbA1c 5.4%. Continues to take Metformin 500mgs OD.

He continues to be very motivated with self management of his diabetes, very careful with food choices ( Low Carb) and has even purchased own BG montoring kit for home use.

Pleased to see his cholesterol level improving to 3.8mmol/L having restarted Atorvastatin 40mgs OD"

She was surprised that I had continued testing when the NHS stopped supplying my test strips, but knowing my stubbornness probably bit her tongue. :D

Reactions: Rachox and dbr10

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you! Her comment regarding the statins interested me. My DN is trying to get me back on them.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done you! Her comment regarding the statins interested me. My DN is trying to get me back on them.
So does mine - I just remind her that statins increased my hba1c from 48 to 54 and made me ill so I'll take my chances without them

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you!

Many thanks. :)

So does mine - I just remind her that statins increased my hba1c from 48 to 54 and made me ill so I'll take my chances without them

Mine's aware that the statins have raised my BG Monitoring by 1 mmol/l on average, but not the HbA1C.

Statins are a mixed bag for me... my cholesterol level went from 3.1 to 7.8 when I stopped them and back to 3.8 when restarted so I'll stick with them ATM.