Annual review

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Hope you don't mind but I need to rant a bit. At yesterday's annual review with a diabetic nurse I came out really irritated and angry. She refused to accept that a lichen sclerosis flare-up was not caused by dapagliflozin so wants me to stop it. My HbA1c is 50 but she says that anything under 65 is fine at my age(72). As no-one knows exactly what level of HbA1c begins to cause damage it doesnt seem like a good idea to me. She wasnt interested in listening only telling me what to do. Frustration!

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This type of situation is indeed enraging and all too common. Vent away - many of us have been there! Sadly the world is full of idiots, many of whom work in the medical profession, many of those not realising how little they know and are not motivated to find out more.

I manipulate it to use to my advantage, as I find I can divert the power of my temper to doing the best I can for my diabetes just to spite 'em. I also take care not to show how I feel because that way I retain the moral high ground. A most unexpected spin-off was my latest "phone appointment to discuss my blood test" where Nursie was so nice I thought she'd had a personality transplant. So it is actually worth while in a deranged kind of way.

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I couldn't be more shocked after the attitudes at the previous Gps. A wonderful, warm enlightened nurse. A low carb and using a meter to test the affect of food on bg advocate and Dr Unwin fan. So delighted. Officially marked up as in remission with a yearly review. Still amazed.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
This type of situation is indeed enraging and all too common. Vent away - many of us have been there! Sadly the world is full of idiots, many of whom work in the medical profession, many of those not realising how little they know and are not motivated to find out more.

I manipulate it to use to my advantage, as I find I can divert the power of my temper to doing the best I can for my diabetes just to spite 'em. I also take care not to show how I feel because that way I retain the moral high ground. A most unexpected spin-off was my latest "phone appointment to discuss my blood test" where Nursie was so nice I thought she'd had a personality transplant. So it is actually worth while in a deranged kind of way.
Ah I totally agree with all of what you have just said. I just smile but don't give my opinion at all and certainly don't agree to anything lol

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Hope you don't mind but I need to rant a bit. At yesterday's annual review with a diabetic nurse I came out really irritated and angry. She refused to accept that a lichen sclerosis flare-up was not caused by dapagliflozin so wants me to stop it. My HbA1c is 50 but she says that anything under 65 is fine at my age(72). As no-one knows exactly what level of HbA1c begins to cause damage it doesnt seem like a good idea to me. She wasnt interested in listening only telling me what to do. Frustration!
Thank you all. This is such a good place to let off steam, knowing people understand.