Another bad spike!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I went hyper on a shift today and it was serious. Short staffed and busy so I wasn't paying attention. An act of a complete jerk led to a full on detination. I blasted the daylights out of 5 people before the situation was resolved. A good friend drew me away from the crew and made me test my bgl's. Almost off the scale!! HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN!!!

I know I am not in a calm state of mind even now after nearly 5 hours after the shift. The levels have dropped to 9.3, but I am furious that this happened.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I went hyper on a shift today and it was serious. Short staffed and busy so I wasn't paying attention. An act of a complete jerk led to a full on detination. I blasted the daylights out of 5 people before the situation was resolved. A good friend drew me away from the crew and made me test my bgl's. Almost off the scale!! HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN!!!

I know I am not in a calm state of mind even now after nearly 5 hours after the shift. The levels have dropped to 9.3, but I am furious that this happened.
Define off the scale.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Too high for the glucose meter to read.
Blimey. Back when I was having steroids as part of chemo treatment I would go up to high 20s of low 30s. Didn't really feel anything different. Not sure how high a meter goes. Is this a regular thing for you and how do you recognize it?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG what an awful thing. I hope those 5 people were OK?

Any idea what caused the hyper now you've had chance to think about it?

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband really struggles with anger when he is hyper :(

Hope you feel better soon. Do you have any idea why your BG was so high?