1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Another newbie

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by naillig, Jun 23, 2010.

1. naillig

naillig Type 1 · Member

Hello everyone. At last I can communicate with other type 1s. Was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1969. when I was eleven. Have been reading the forum all day. Have a bad cold, And in summer :( Nice to read of other peoples experiences, And will keep looking in now. Gill

2. ebony321

ebony321 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

welcome to the forum :)

thats the main reason i come here too, to talk to other type 1's.. and type 2's infact any is good or me :lol:

I don't know anyone apart from my auntie in-law who i only see around once a year
    with diabetes so it's nice being able to chat on here!

Cold in the summer are the worst!! hope you feel better soon :)

3. Synonym

Synonym · Well-Known Member

Hi Gill and welcome to the forum. :)

Whether T1 or T2 we all have much in common! This is a brilliant resource with helpful folk happy to chat and answer questions. 8)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook