Another Newbie !!

Minty__UK

Hello All !!

I found out that I've got Type II at the beginning of Feb, so am still pretty unsure about things at the mo.

Anyway, thought I'd better just say "Hi" before I start asking lots of newbie questions ! :) (For which I both offer thanks, and apologies in advance !!)

Regs,
Mint!!

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Minty and welcome,

I know its very difficult when you are first diagnosed as there's so much that you don't know. But because you don't know, you don't know what questions to ask!

Can I suggest that the first thing you need to do is to learn as much about your diabetes as you can. To help you there are links to a huge amount of very useful information in the "stickies" at the head of this topic. Have a read of the General Links for Diabetes and the Links for Type 2 Diabetes.

Also there are some very useful books on the subject. Several people on the furum have recommended Diabetes for Dummies as being very readable and very helpful.

Always remember - diabetes is controllable but to control it you need to understand it.

ChocFish

Hi Alan and Minty

Welcome to the forum, read up all you can in this forum and the old one, recommended booklets, etc and ask all you want in here, someone will always come up with an answer or suggestion whatever it is.

You will find this is a very friendly, caring supportive forum.

All the best

Karen

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Lynda Kay

Hay Minty,

Welcome!

Remember, there are no dumb questions when educating yourself about your health. Ask away! :)

Happy Trails,
Proverbs 17:22

sugar

Hi Minty,

Welcome! I have noticed that when peole start a question with...this may be a dumb question but....? The question is really thought provoking, and not dumb at all! We have all been theer, although for some it was longer ago than others!