Type 1 Another question what is the GI of peri peri basmati rice. Low , medium ? So I know when to take insulin with meal. Thanks lol

Nadia19

IMG_1694949539.549950.jpg

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do not know about this specific rice. Generally, rice has a high GI. However, what you eat with it can change the GI of the whole meal.
For example, if you eat it with a curry, the fat in the sauce can slow down the absorption.
Working from the GI can be a useful start but your body is the best measure. If you are using a Libre, you can try it and see when your BG starts to rise. If it rises too high but comes down to normal, you have taken your bolus too late. If your levels go too low, you have taken it too early.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You'll also find precooked and cooled rice, as I believe that is, will have a different GI to freshly cooked rice. Same applies to pasta, freezing bread will also affect its GI.

Reactions: Nadia19

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Net carb content is huge.

Are you using a macro counter for your foods, there's quite a few of them, 'Carb Manager', 'Fatsecret', 'MyFitnessPal', and the one I use is Cronometer.com below (the browser version not the app) - they're all free for the basic versions.

I think the packet is deceiving, it does look like it's carb heavy.

1694954445297.png

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Net carb content is huge.

I think the packet is deceiving, it does look like it's carb heavy.
The OP has Type 1 diabetes and this thread is clearly highlighted as Type 1 with a tag.
Someone with Type 1 does not need to eat a low carb diet.
Many of us eat a normal diet which Includes rice where the net carbs is not considered “huge”.