Another year of having T2 and HbA1c result

rilakkuma02

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am really sorry to trouble anyone here to talk about my own situation again.

I was diagnosed T2 few years ago and managed to have HbA1c 36 as result first time found out. I was positive and I thought I can put it into remission. But few years later after having eye tested during pandemic. They found some diabetic retinopathy on my right side eye so I went back to my GP had blood tested. Result was 48. So had another 3 months with meds control, but trouble was I could not get blood test appointment right after so I ran out meds 1 month before they gave me the test. And the result was 47. For what I understand this would be 2 months with meds plus one month without. And now I am suggested by my GP to take meds for another 6-12 months.(GP did not explain and the receptionist was 100% sure I need the meds)

I would like to ask people opinions here because I am feeling stuck.

I am not 100% good with my diet and I only lost 10kg ever since. I went intermittent fasting soon I found out my T2, eat twice a day with low carb diet most of the time.
I must not done enough to lose more weight.

I really want to get out of this circle because it feels lonely and shameful for what I cant achieve.

Thank you

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is nothing to be ashamed of in being ill. It's no trouble to us to listen and help if we can.

Where do you see scope to make changes? What meds are you on? It's your choice what you do, but you don't seem confident in your diet at the moment, and we can help here if you would like our input.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I am really sorry to trouble anyone here to talk about my own situation again.

I was diagnosed T2 few years ago and managed to have HbA1c 36 as result first time found out. I was positive and I thought I can put it into remission. But few years later after having eye tested during pandemic. They found some diabetic retinopathy on my right side eye so I went back to my GP had blood tested. Result was 48. So had another 3 months with meds control, but trouble was I could not get blood test appointment right after so I ran out meds 1 month before they gave me the test. And the result was 47. For what I understand this would be 2 months with meds plus one month without. And now I am suggested by my GP to take meds for another 6-12 months.(GP did not explain and the receptionist was 100% sure I need the meds)

I would like to ask people opinions here because I am feeling stuck.

I am not 100% good with my diet and I only lost 10kg ever since. I went intermittent fasting soon I found out my T2, eat twice a day with low carb diet most of the time.
I must not done enough to lose more weight.

I really want to get out of this circle because it feels lonely and shameful for what I cant achieve.

Thank you
Let me tell you that you should never be shameful of what you feel you cannot achieve. Never. You should never feel lonely either. Easier said than done I will grant you that but speaking from experience, this corner of the internet has saved me quite a few times and its good to talk and off load. You will get there X

rilakkuma02

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
There is nothing to be ashamed of in being ill. It's no trouble to us to listen and help if we can.

Where do you see scope to make changes? What meds are you on? It's your choice what you do, but you don't seem confident in your diet at the moment, and we can help here if you would like our input.
Thanking for your reply. I feel stuck because each time small steps I made, such like going to the gym and low carb diet, I could not stay with for long. Maximum is like 3 months then I eat some bad food, desserts are what I crave most. Back in my mind, I know sweet things and high carbs are not good. I am aware of it, just sometimes emotionally I go back to them after being on extreme side for few months. And I feel guilty afterwards.

I guess I can not stay with positive minded all the time either. I am always aware of people loss so much weight and put T2 in remission and I would hoped to do that and failed many times. I seen on BBC news they were talking about night owl is bad for T2 but also T2 is a life style choice. I keep telling myself I do not want future me to deal with more problem but struggle to give up those food are bad for me. Isn't this a bad circle?

I would want to read more posts here and learn more, but sometimes feel I am battling it alone.

I am on 500mg Sukkarto once a day. My goal would be put it into remission and only control by dieting. Is this really hard to achieve?

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Chyomper

Thanking for your reply. I feel stuck because each time small steps I made, such like going to the gym and low carb diet, I could not stay with for long. Maximum is like 3 months then I eat some bad food, desserts are what I crave most. Back in my mind, I know sweet things and high carbs are not good. I am aware of it, just sometimes emotionally I go back to them after being on extreme side for few months. And I feel guilty afterwards.

I guess I can not stay with positive minded all the time either. I am always aware of people loss so much weight and put T2 in remission and I would hoped to do that and failed many times. I seen on BBC news they were talking about night owl is bad for T2 but also T2 is a life style choice. I keep telling myself I do not want future me to deal with more problem but struggle to give up those food are bad for me. Isn't this a bad circle?

I would want to read more posts here and learn more, but sometimes feel I am battling it alone.

I am on 500mg Sukkarto once a day. My goal would be put it into remission and only control by dieting. Is this really hard to achieve?
Hey, as an emotional eater, I very much relate to this. I have found it very useful to change my mindset and not approach it with super strict approaches like I must never have 'bad' foods, or thinking that I am giving them all up for ever - that only made me crave them even more. When I was thinking that way I'd feel so guilty and like a failure when I had one day eating foods I know aren't good for me - and the guilt would be so bad I'd give up and one off plan meal or day would turn into weeks or month totally indulging.

Things have changed for me since I've switched to not beating myself up for having the occasional treat meal or day, and thinking that nothing is 'banned' - I can have anything I want, I just limit how much/how often I'll have them. It definitely helped me to identify when I tend to get the strongest emotional food cravings, and plan for them. For example at a certain time of the month I know I am at high risk of going off track, so I now plan in advance what I will have to satisfy that, I don't even try to fight it - and most importantly I accept that I'm human and it's ok to not be perfect all the time.

Less negative thoughts may also reduce stress which will help a lot too.

I refused meds, brought diabetes into remission though low carb high fat eating and intermittent fasting, and am maintaining that through diet and exercise alone - which includes at least one day per month of eating the foods I crave the most. I wouldn't say it is hard, but it does take some trial and error - mistakes are part of learning process.

Be kind to yourself :) If you are on track most of the time, the occasional meal/day off track won't ruin all your hard work.

Reactions: Paule Foster