Does anyone have experience with this ?
Any advice?and does any side effects?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, have received a few over the years in both eyes

Advice? Don't panic, they aren't as bad as you think they will be, they clean your eye, tape your eyelid open, insert a small spring between your eyelids to make sure it stays open, mark your eye where they will inject and do the job, obviously there are a few swabs of anaesthetic in there too

Side effects? You may have bubbles in your vision after it, you may not be able to see out of it properly for the rest of the day, it wasn't sore for me unless I forgot and rubbed my eye but it wasn't unbearably sore when I did so

Feel free to ask more questions
xx

Reactions: sedrah

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been advised to use eylea
Does anyone have experience with this ?
Any advice?and does any side effects?

Hi,

Yep I was prescribed treatment with eylea after being injected with Lucentis. On the first course.
Eylea seemed to disperse quicker in the eye, for me. I also had some great results regarding the Macula oedema.

Last edited:

sedrah

Hi,

Yep I was prescribed treatment with eylea after being injected with Lucentis. On the first course.
Eylea seemed to disperse quicker in the eye, for me. I also had some great results regarding the Macula oedema.

Hi
Thank you so much
How many injections in total?
When started your sight improving ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Thank you so much
How many injections in total?
When started your sight improving ?

OH, OK? From memory I was given a course of 6 jabs, one a month in the right eye. That was Lucentis.
Then they mentioned trying Eylea on the 7th jab. But by this time they also found I had potential issues in the left eye.
I had about 4 in the left which seemed to clear up. Then at least another 4 every couple of months in the right??
Probably 14 or 16 in total??

I would go for scans monthly & get shown through to the surgery for the jab if needed. Then the jabs got fewer apart till they weren't needed. I still get monitored every 3 months. But since COVID they feel there is no need to call me in.

The last anti-VEGF injection I needed was probably 3 years ago? A year ago I had to declare treatment in both eye for DVLA on renewal of my licence to which I had to pass a "vision field test." All good.

I noticed my sight improve when I stopped using "asessabily" fuction on my devices & "pinch & zoom."
Even with corrective vision, my eyes were driving me mad on the close up stuff.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much

When you come out of the procedure. Wear shades & a peaked hat. Eyes can get a little light sensitive from the anesthetic drops they put in?
The LED signage on the front of busses can look a bit dazzly? (Even in broad daylight.)