Anxiety and hypos

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
On Christmas Day my blood went to 2.6 and it took me awhile to come out of it. But when I was out of the hypo I was still shaking and because i was still shaking I was getting scared that something was wrong my mum and Nan says I was still shaking because I was anxious. I eventually stopped shaking but now I have noticed that I am always shaking although it not as bad as when I’m in a hypo. Dose anyone have any copping mechanisms for anxiety

Reactions: thomasrichmond_16

Mia4554

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience. I get panic attacks some times and I think that some of them are around hypo anxiety. I think it's helpful to talk to your diabetes doc/ nurse as its not uncommon to be worried/ fearful/ anxious about hypos and they may have some tips or advice. Sorry I don't really have any management techniques but I can empathise with how you felt and I hope you can get some helpful advice from here or a doc xx

leahkian

Sorry to hear about your hypo, when i used to hypo i would shake and feel cold. I would sometimes go to bed with all my clothes on and the heating on, how long have you had diabetes because having a hypo is a shock to the body and shaking does happen. Is there any other medication that you are taking that could be a cause if not then you need to contact your DNS to ask for advice.