Anxiety/Type2/Propranolol

jenner68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Prior to being diagnosed with Type 2 I was and still am taking propranolol 10mg three times a day to help stop panic attacks. Most days I can feel my heart racing and my pulse thumping. My heart rate doesn't seem to go up much when I go out for a ride on my bike..My resting heart rate is in the 50bpm but I don't feel like a fit athlete. Does anyone else have experience of type 2 and propanalol.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @jenner68, As I understand it from medication literature, propanolol slows the heart beat. That might explain your resting heart beat of 50 bpm and why your heart rate does not rise much when you exercise. I would check this with your prescribing doctor. Best Wishes.

jenner68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I have not been on for a while. I seem to have days where I feel fine and then days where I feel dreadful. Everything seems to be so up and down like on a rollercoaster. I have noticed that my heart rate goes up more when I am walking than when I on my bike. I think when I am having a BG spike it is better to go for a brisk walk and go on my bike when I feel like have some energy. I spoke to the GP about the propanalol and I have been having some counselling to help deal with anxiety.

Reactions: PatsyB