1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by Kerr12071992, Apr 24, 2019.

1. mjd46

mjd46 Prediabetes · Member

Craig I suffer from anxiety and i think it does push sugar up , Try and go for a walk or if you can meditate class would be ideal but I do feel for you Anxiety stinks

2. mjd46

mjd46 Prediabetes · Member

3. bmtest

bmtest · Well-Known Member

I think anxiety with diabetes is quite a common occurance and for me I rightly or wrongly blame it on the actual insulin and especially if you are going high and low i have not checked recenly with onset of internet but am sure low blood sugars make it worse.and remember reading this.

Some days you can enter the fear of fear for no apparent reason and you have to find your own method of dealing with this or avoid it happening if possible in 1st place it's a bit like entering a programming loop it's endless unless you put in an do while statement.

Its too long ago now but I am sure animal extracted insuling did not cause anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Solomon7711

Solomon7711 · Newbie

Good day i meed to get down to a problem im getting im type 1 for 36 years on insulin about a month ago was diagnosed with ckd been coping with vegan strict diet and strict control ive been jumping up at nights sometimes at 7-8pm and instantly have to go outside and walk sometimes until 7am and when i try to rest i have to go back outside its the only thing that calms me till next day cannot rest and need answers is there anybody who goes through similar circumstances and can advise me on remedies?????

5. Solomon7711

Solomon7711 · Newbie

6. sl0042

sl0042 Type 1 · Member

Thank you very much for all your helpful comments; I am glad it is not just me ; I will try & learn to live with it & hopefully my wife can understand the condition more

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook