Any advice please

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Since Friday I have had stomach ache it is there all the time but gets worse when I eat so today I have not eaten anything yet as I am so worried to eat can’t get a doctor appointment until next week

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since Friday I have had stomach ache it is there all the time but gets worse when I eat so today I have not eaten anything yet as I am so worried to eat can’t get a doctor appointment until next week
I presume you have tried the normal over the counter remedies, antacids, etc without avail. Stomach aches are quite usually vague, so difficult to assist in a written forum such as this. We are not doctors, so our ability to help is limited. Firstly, is the pain low or above the belly button? Ot just a general ache? Does it seem to have a focal point or localised effect?

What meds are you on? Some can give gastric distress. What have you changed since Thursday - diet perhaps, medication etc. Are you prone to constipation perchance? Do you feel bloated? Does a hot water bottle help in any way?

I ask these questions not so much as needing you to answer on the forum, but to ask yourself as a aide memoire.

If you suspect a medication problem, especially diabetes meds, then come back and we may be able to help. Otherwise, there are so many possibilities that require doctor input so maybe dial 111 if in the UK. They can triage you over the phone and get help out of hours.