Any Apps Out There?

**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Not been on here in a while but after a call from my new DSN I have felt motivated to take a bit more control of my diabetes rather than just rolling with it as I tend to.

I have agreed to do some uploads, which I've never done as I feel I am under a microscope and being judged, but agree given the times we are in would be very helpful for distance appointments.

Another reason for not liking uploading, other than feeling under a microscope, is I feel it's a very clinical way of assessing blood levels. The clinician can see the data but will not have an understanding of the environmental affects etc. and yet still make decisions using just essentially half a picture.

So it's got me thinking that there MUST be an app or something out there that I can utilise. I really need something that pulls my pump information across (I use the Medtronic 670G) with blood level info, IOB, carb input - basically all the stuff my pump holds when about to administer insulin and space for me to make a quick note about how I am feeling, whether I have done exercise, drank alcohol etc. So that when my Team look at my upload I have a correlated real life picture with all the data I've also gathered to explain highs/lows.

Is there something like that?

I have used apps such as mysugr but these obviously don't pull the pump info through so I give up using it as I feel I just spend 10 mins logging everything through all the different mediums. I've also tried trying to keep a diary but once again I just feel I duplicate my information

X

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
You might like to have a look at Diabetes:M
I do not use an insulin pump, so can't speak of that aspect, I just know it does something with them.
It has a very good update history, so feel it's 'cared for.'
I recommend looking at the .com site, not just App Store.
Mysugr is quite popular with folks on here, and the Pro version has been offered free during the pandemic.
Good luck…

Brufty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey,

Personally I prefer Diasend but it now only does my blood results. I’ve found Tidepool to pull info from my blood meter and Medtronic 640g and correlate all the info which I quite like. Only works well on a computer rather than phone /tablet (app only allows you to place a marker for event than view all data so I’m happy with that compromises) Gives a backup of all you settings too which is important .

The Medtronic software, IMO is outdated and poor.

Good luck, if you find anything good, please share :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@**shell** do you use Carelink to upload your pump data? I don't think there is an app than can pull your pump data for you. I have never felt like I am being scrutinized when I see my team. They ask me a load of questions and ask me what I think I should be doing to resolve any regular lows/highs I get.