1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Any experience with the Libre 3 program?

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by RobertSK, Apr 20, 2022.

1. RobertSK

RobertSK Type 2 · Member

Hello from Saskatchewan :),

Does anyone use the freestyle libre 3 system for their CGM? I have used the original Freestyle Libre CGM but had to discontinue after about 14 months because of a hideous and painful allergic reaction to the adhesive. I'm wondering if Abbott has changed the formulation of the sensor adhesive but I haven't found anything out here in Canuckistan!

Bob

2. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

3. RobertSK

RobertSK Type 2 · Member

Thank you for the quick reply:). I read the article in the link and I'm feeling very encouraged. I loved the Libre 1 system until the sensitivity to the cyanoacrylate based adhesive became too hard to handle. I'm looking forward to the time it shows up here in Saskatchewan (Canada lags about 9 months behind the UK when it comes to releasing new kit.)

Bob

p.s. I like your username. It's very creative :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook