Any Good Snack Options

GlitterSparkles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
hi do you know any good snack options for me please message back if you know any:)

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
hi do you know any good snack options for me please message back if you know any:)
A handful of nuts is very filling and very low carb. Beware of peanuts, they aren't true nuts. They don't spike my BG, but I know they do with some. Walnuts are perfect as they are very filling and can actually lower BS.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Assuming you don’t want to take extra injections for a snack, salami, nuts, cheese and olives (if you like them) are good snacks - or my favourite of hard boiled eggs :)

Reactions: GlitterSparkles

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Highly recommend a mix of sugar-free jelly, gelatin, and 2/3 cups of water makes really yummy soft jellies and are zero carbs!
another good snack option is fat bombs but they are a little sweeter so better later on in the day

Khushi Nagpal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hey!!

You could have some salads (tuna or cheese etc.) with greens, as they’re healthy.

I even have a little dark chocolate from time to time, but it’s not enough to eat as a snack of-course.

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just discovered Snackrite's Cheese Curls (like Quavers, available from Lidl and Aldi I believe) which are only 6.5g carbs per bag - so not zero carb but very good compared to other crisp-like snacks.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Honeyend

Biltong, not cheap but tasty. Lidl sell it for £1.29, If they have not cured it with sugar virtually carb free.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Almonds covered in high cocoa choc
Popadom zapped in the micro with marmite (just discovered this when I get the savoury munchies)
Carol

ngoat

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!
Snacks are as simple as a piece of cheese or as complicated as making your own crackers.
What do you want from a snack? Are you snacking because you are hungry and need to eat a meal?
Are you snacking because that's What you have always done?
Right now, with very hot weather, I am freezing raspberries and blueberries they are icy cold and quite satisfying. Or you could make low carb ice lollies if you have the molds. I like to blend berries,full fat coconut cream and a few drops of liquid vanilla flavoured organic stevia.
Gazpacho is easy to make with a good processor or blender.
And as others have suggested, nuts, olives, even thinly sliced carrots, cucumber and radishes sprinkled with salt and pepper.

Oscar_Emms

Those pepperoni stick things are meant to be great for no carb snacks, I like halumi which is cheese so has low enough carbs to have no insulin. You can grill hallumi and in my opinion is my favourite snack with no carbs. Baby bells or any cheese are great!