Any ideas for nocturnal conundrum?

madfish69

Hi all,

I'm a night owl, stay up late. Have my dinner early on in the evening around 7pm...by the time it's midnight I'm hungry. My problem is I can't really think of low carb or no carb snacks to eat at that time. I inevitably end up having some sort of carb based deliousness :( like a cheese toast...or some sort of bread, potato or pasta based little snack...or sweet fruits.

Needless to say, it does my blood sugars no good :(

Do you have any tasty (super quick to make.....or ideally bought at the supermarket...snack, I can eat late at night without it affecting my BS...essentially no carb if possible?

meoman

those no sugar made up jelly pots hartleys etc.. nuts undalted walnuts hazlenuts almonds.. i always have a bit of home made veg spicy soup available un fridge.. any veg around needing using up.. crock pot when you can and leave hours

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Jelly is always a good call!

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
madfish69, I have exactly the same problem. I'm a night owl due probably to all those years working nights. I have some cheese more often that not with a couple of pickles and olives, a couple of cherry tomatoes or on top of homemade low carb crackers
Cold meats eg ham, corned beef etc
some nuts
A smoked mackeral or tinned fish
Eggs cooked any way
Low carb Almond porridge
A little cooked chicken/meat left over from tea (cook a little extra for tea and then save for later)
Also I find that have a decaf coffee with some cream and/or coconut oil helps to fill that hunger hole
Also if you like them Aldi Aberdeen Angus 1/4 pounder beefburgers (0.1g carbs when grilled) or Iceland 1/4 pounders (0.3g carbs when grilled) - check label as there are many types. I then use a 1 egg omelette or lettuce leaf instead of a bread bun
Also Aldi and Lidl sell many European sausages that are very low in carbs such as Kabannosi and Bratwurst - just look and read the labels