Type 2 Any ideas?

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I could feel my body wanting to shut down while driving home from work this morning, I had to fight to keep awake, I also felt wooly headed and my legs felt wobbly. I had a sandwich as soon as I got home thinking my BS had dropped but when I tested it was at 7.2mmol which is high for me. I went to bed soon after but just didn't feel right the I woke with a couple of times with uncontrollable shivering. When I got up at 12:30 my BG was still 7.2mmol where I'm normally around 4.5mmol. I still felt the same as earlier. This evening my BG is now 8.5mmol. I do have a swollen septic finger, don't know if this would cause these symptoms, I am at a loss and feel like absolute c**p. I have only had approx. 50g of carbs all day.

Lally123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I were you I would ring 111 and ask their advice especially as you sound like you may have an infection given those symptoms.

Reactions: Ian_Laye

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll ring my gp in the morning if I'm still bad, This is the first time in 15yrs that I've phoned in sick for work.

Lily 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have just posted myself about how my blood sugars that are usually well in control are so high for me, I have been ill for the last two weeks, like flu and shivering I know I picked up slapped cheek from my daughter and wondering if this awful illness is messing with my numbers. Maybe it’s the finger causing the problems, I had a septic finger a few months back, tcp or detol in as hot as you can stand water helped me massively but antibiotics if it gets worse.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just posted myself about how my blood sugars that are usually well in control are so high for me, I have been ill for the last two weeks, like flu and shivering I know I picked up slapped cheek from my daughter and wondering if this awful illness is messing with my numbers. Maybe it’s the finger causing the problems, I had a septic finger a few months back, tcp or detol in as hot as you can stand water helped me massively but antibiotics if it gets worse.
Thank you, I'll try the tcp in hot water.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Make sure you are drinking plenty of water - lots of the stuff. Dehydration can cause these symptoms, and in this heat it is very easy to become dehydrated.

Any infection can raise BS levels. Have you got a thermometer? If so, I would take my temperature.