Any Medtronic Guardian users out there??

RobertSK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Anti-maskers and Anti-Vacc people.
I previously managed my Type II diabetes with the help of a Dexcom sensor setup. I decided, primarily due to cost, to switch to the cheaper Medtronic Guardian system. I've used the sensor/transmitter for a week now and have had the most frustrating time. The sensor installed great, but I've struggled with the transmitter. The first day was good - proper readings every 5 minutes - but after that everything went South in a big way. The transmitter dropped communication frequently the only solution Medtronic gave me was to carefully remove the transmitter from the sensor, re-pair it with my iphone using Bluetooth, and then reattach the transmitter to the sensor!!

I'm wondering if anyone else with a Medtronic Guardian CGM system has had the same experiences? BTW, Medtronic Canada has been less than helpful. I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription with them.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Cant talk from personal experience but im due to start the guardian 3 sensors on the 7th of January. Ive done a little research into them & from what I can gather a lot of people have the same issues as you as well as other issues regarding accuracy.

RobertSK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Anti-maskers and Anti-Vacc people.
Thank you for the response :) I've been playing around with the transmitter and the remaining sensors and discovered the problem may be the taping down of the transmitter and how it interferes with the bluetooth signal. You may want to use an adhesive like skin tac to hold the transmitter down! Good luck with the Medtronic :)