Any nice herb teaor coffee alternative?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

I am fasting 24h and coffee helps me a lot to curb my hunger and get through.

However I am worried about the caffeine as I drink 3 iced instant coffees per day.

Is there any alternative? I have not been able to find good tasting instant decaf coffee. The popular brands in the supermarket are horrible. The best is Lavazza instant coffee but it's not available as decaf.

Can you suggest a good Italian like decaf?

Alternatively any herb iced tea? I need it to have strong not-sweet taste and not tart. I find tea very tart and that's why I hate it but maybe there is another herb out there.

I am also open to other alternatives, non-sweet strong tasting iced beverages.

Any suggestions?

PS: Wouldn't like to waste 10min to brew coffee, I prefer something quick.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, have you looked into matcha lattes? There are a few which are unsweetened and doesn’t contain the nasties. It’s essentially green tea, you can have it warm or iced, extra cream or milk.
Or chai tea? Golden milk (turmeric)?

tauromesa

I'm basically having a full blown abstinence syndrome because I was diagnosed with prediabetes and most of my sugar intake comes from coffee. Would really like to see options for basically a warm liquid that could pose as coffee and maybe would have similar energetic effects lol.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm basically having a full blown abstinence syndrome because I was diagnosed with prediabetes and most of my sugar intake comes from coffee. Would really like to see options for basically a warm liquid that could pose as coffee and maybe would have similar energetic effects lol.
Coffee without sugar?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told the end of a film
I make beef tea sometimes, it's just an Oxo cube in a mug with boiling water,