any one take LYRICA(pregabalin)

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
As i suffer with Trigeminal neuralgia and my usual pills stopped working i went to the doc's and he's put me on Lyrica(pregabalin) as i was looking this drug up i found it's given to diabetic's for neuropathy so i thought i would ask on here if any one took this and how did you get on with it.I know one down side is weight gain and i was just losing weight as well :( ,but i would rather be fat and free of pain than slim with pain,just got to see if this drug will help me now,shan x

jallsop

Hi, I recently changed to Pregabalin for Diabetic Neuropathy from Gabapentin. I don't take a particularly large dose at present as I have been told it is a drug that you increase steadily so I take one capsule in the morning and two at night.

I have to say it doesn't seem particularly effective at the moment. On the upside, I haven't put on any weight at all. No increased appetite or anything. But, like I said, I believe I am on quite a low dose.

Jackie

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
Thanks Jackie,i don't know if this will help any but i've read up on this drug and there saying it can take up to ten days to get into your system,shan x