any other diabetic bikers

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Just wondering if there are any other diabetic bikers or trikers out there?
Especially in Derbyshire 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ex biker and last bike was a GPZ600R, they'd be hell to play if I got another........... but intend to one day :thumbup:

kathryn2310

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots of us! I belong to a local bike club in Milton Keynes and there's at least 3 of us in a membership of around 40 :crazy:

I've given up bikes, but I'm waiting to get back my trike which is being "re-realised". It's based on a GS1000 - should have been ready for the Ogri this weekend, but unfortunately, the completion date has slipped.... :problem:

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Oops maybe should have said have vn1700 ( standard at moment but not for long) shees called pearl as in black pearl coz she be a pirate ship lol
Kz1100 rat/post apocalyptic army bike half finnished
1970 triumph Tr6r trophy
1971 triumph tr6r tiger
Gathering parts for old school triumph chopper 1960 bonny hard tail frame 1956 t6 650 pre unit engine 8"over barly twist sptinger front end 1909 acetylene headlight to be converted to eletric and a verry intresting beleived to be 1940s American tail light . Its gona take a while lol :thumbup:

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
The one in the picture is my old bike boadicea she is a vn1600 with a kuriakin hypercharger vance hines shot gun exhausts (straight through) powercommander and per cylender coustom mapping by dynojet. I do miss her I never shoud have sold her but had a dhead moment and put her in px agains a bike that it ended up I couldnt stand and had to px 2 months later for pearl

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Another ex biker here,my last 2 bikes were a yammie RD350 2 stroker and a XJ550 which I blew the engine up on fraping it up and down Long Marston air strip,the RD350 had to go as it was worth something and I needed the money when I got ill but I'm going to get another bike as soon as I can. :D (wife isn't happy though)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
noblehead said:
Ex biker and last bike was a GPZ600R, they'd be hell to play if I got another........... but intend to one day :thumbup:

I remember those,they were shaft driven as opposed to chain driven if I remember rightly or was that the GPZ305?

sparkyrich

Always wish I'd taken my bike test back in the day - twice round the block and the examiner jumping out for the em stop. Lots more complicated these days :-(
Used to have a Suzuki GSX 250, Honda 250 Superdream pre-baby bike license. Recently had a Pioneer Nevada 125 which looked like a 750 lol. Shame it didn't go like one!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
http://www.nabd.org.uk/

Check these guys out I have been a member for a few yaers now they are a charity national association of bikers with disability. They are realy cool people to if you having probs getting back on the road these guys will advise and may be able to help

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
paul-1976 said:
I remember those,they were shaft driven as opposed to chain driven if I remember rightly or was that the GPZ305?

No the 600R was a chain drive, the 305 was belt driven. The only bike I had which was shaft driven was a Suzuki GS850.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
noblehead said:
paul-1976 said:

No the 600R was a chain drive, the 305 was belt driven. The only bike I had which was shaft driven was a Suzuki GS850.

Your correct-my bad,I meant belt driven which I never liked the sound of as at least with chain driven you could attempt a roadside repair yourself with a basic toolkit but with belt it was game over..did you or anyone else on this thread ever get the pleasure of riding a Kawasaki Z1 ? for an old bike it kicked some butt! :thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Rode a Z100R Eddie Lawson replica which belonged to a friend, impressive bike with plenty of punch for a bike of it's day. The bike I wanted but never got to own (but did ride one on several occasions) was the 900R, if I were to get an older bike now I'd go for the FJ1100.

Pauperess

I have a 1200 Bandit. Off to the Rusty Nuts rally (Teeside) this weekend :) Pauperess

Type 1 since 1979, glargine and humalog regime.

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Pauperess said:
I have a 1200 Bandit. Off to the Rusty Nuts rally (Teeside) this weekend :) Pauperess

Type 1 since 1979, glargine and humalog regime.
Think I got a few mates going to that one wigham brothers oh and badger ofcourse. You got stormin up that way in a week or 2 aswell I think . Im of to roughley bike show in Stockport on sunday I marshal there and then autumn nabdness in a couple of week and bsh extreem at Donnington park couple of weeks after that. Any one arround stockport aria or even anyone who wants to come from further a field it a great day fantastic music and raises some much needed money for charity

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Another quick one am I the only one on here that has to have a name for his bike ( you'll know if I dont like it coz it dont get a name or is called a sware word ) is what are/ were they called :***:

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
whompa73 said:
Another quick one am I the only one on here that has to have a name for his bike ( you'll know if I dont like it coz it dont get a name or is called a sware word ) is what are/ were they called :***:

lol I did actually with my first bike at 16,it was a 1979 suzuki GT50 that I named 'Jenny'!