Any T2's out there who are 35 or under?

alfaab

Apparently, there are no teens here. I was diagnosed when I was 18, I am 20 now. It's been about 2 years of careful diet and control. I wish I had such control from the start but I guess it's never too late.

I started on 250mg Metform twice a day, but it wasn't sufficient enough. I've been on 250/1.25 Metformin glibenclamide for a couple of months now, it seem's fit to me.

toots8298

I was 31 when I was diagnosed. was out of pure pluke that i was diagnosed too, glad to have the doctors I had cos I went to see him about something else completely and as we couldnt find a reason he decided to do a blood test, to test my liver function just in case. Which diagnosed I was T2.
Think the first HbAc1 was around the 12 mark. Asked the doc if i can try diet and exercise, which worked - 2nd test 3 months later was down to around 7 mark.
Last checked was around 6.5.

I say keep on top of your diabetes, dont let it beat you!

sazdragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bullies!!
I'm 28 and was diagnosed when I was 27, so have had t2 for bout a year and still not sure wether I'm coming or going lol

sazdragon on phone

Raffers

Hello Everyone! :wave:

I was 30 when diagnosed in October last year. After being parched for a month and waking up 20 million times during the night to visit the loo (no exaggeration!!) I thought a visit to the Docs was in order although I had a suspicion as to what the problem was, it still wasn't pleasant hearing it from the doctor! Since diagnosis and changing my eating/exercise regime I feel so much better and actually looking back diagnosis was a positive thing ... knowing why I was always tired and not able to concentrate and equally knowing what to do to improve things has been great!!

I sound like a right cheerleader .... i’m not always this cheery I miss Chocolate and spuds!

I'm 26 and was diagnosed about 3m ago at 25. I have no idea *** I'm doing anymore.. I was coping/had a plan but seem to have lost it all and need to get control back :(

sarah1282

Im 31 I was diagnosed only a few weeks ago im on 2 different tablets im struggling a bit to come to terms with it all. Ive changed what i eat started exercising but my bs are still high hopefully soon the medication will work. I've had great support from most of my family and my daughter has been my rock. Being diagnosed is definitely life changing and what I would do for an ice cold can of coke lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mimo

So after reading everyones stories here it brings me to one question as a you g T2. Should I go on insulin? My bg's are going up and at my last MOT the nurse said it would be easier if I was on insulin. Does it make you feel that much better?

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Been a T2 a few years now only 27 we are quite rare. So much that I was given questionairs and phone interviews for research teams around Scotland

Beamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I'm 35 and I was diagnosed in about 2008. I cannot seem to get a
My diet sorted or motivated and I'm starting to get worried
I've had my 6 monthly bloods done and received a letter asking me to
Go to the doctors I do not want to go on insulin and my readings are 11.5
So also not good help I need it

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
naturalREmedy said:
Get off all those meds...its killing your kidney, continue with your diet n exercuse to sweat out all those xtra glucose and eat 2 pieces of ladyfingers bfore you turn in...you'll be surprise at how your glucose level goes tumbling down to 4...any furthe query pls write to me at [email protected]

Beamer, its okra , but unless you've an asian veg shop I cant see where else you would get it fresh?
( Nobody try to be funny and say "ground")
Bloody interesting idea though, so I'll have a bash, :)