Any way to stop spikes with strenuous exercise?

Jemzor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's encouraging Phil. I'm finding the aerobic cooldown at the end of sessions is equally helping.

As well as the intensity of training, I also found the duration of the training is a factor. I almost always spiked when I went from spinning to circuits (2hrs). That wasn't always the case when I just went spinning (1hr) or just circuits (1hr).

MarcEvans

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. I'm an T1 endurance cyclist doing currently around 1000kms an month. Ive been LCHF for 8 months now. I've recently, in the past week, been suffering from spikes after exercise. Before these recent turn of events my BG as great after training rides. I ride between 1.5 hours to over 6+ hours with no issues at all until now.

Does anyone know why it might have started happening all of a sudden? I usually ride on a double espresso, but sometimes with a low carb snack. As I say, I USED to be fine.

I'm wondering if its the current warm weather perhaps? If so, any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Phil1966,

This is interesting thread and has a loads of info. I believe my BS is also shooting up.to 6 [I am not a diabetic yet]. I would like to ask you
1. what is the latest in terms of your experimentation? detailed answer please
2. To what low BS level you were able to restrict the spike and what were the precautions or remedial measures before or after workout?

Thanks in advance for your responses.