Anybody else on here suffer with necrobiosis lipoidica diabe

Jenb85

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Steroid cream thins the skin? Oh my why wouldn't the doc tell me that... Have you found one cream to be better then another? Has yours stop spreading?

carol-anne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Been reading through the posts. I too have NDL i first got it in 2009 i thought it was an ingrowing hair at first but over the years it got bigger its about the size of a 50pence now but i saw the dermatologist he tried creams which didn't work then i had steroid injections these seemed to help with the colouring and the indentation that it had caused. But again having steroid injections can also thin the skin so i only had 2 injections within a year. I then developed another one on my right shin caused by 2 mosquito bites which I got 2years ago they gradually formed together and now the ndl is the size of 20 pence. It is very frustrating as i too am very conscious about wearing skirts shorts etc and i recently had compression for an ulcer that developed on my bigger one which thankfully has heald. But it makes me more wary of looking after my skin now.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Re: Anybody else on here suffer with necrobiosis lipoidica d

Hi Terry k ive had mine for 18 years since I was 16. I was told originally that it was fungal infection as it wasn't really heard of. My shins are covered and I am very paranoid about them. I was unable to wear the short skirts like my friends as I had to wear compression bandages on both legs. Thankfully now they dont open very often but when they do I get the awful bandages back and take a trip to the doctors every couple of days. I am told manuka honey is very helpful. I find the sun doesn't help mine. They are very painful at times. I was curious to know if there are more like us as I've never met or spoken to a fellow sufferer and wanted to know how different people get them treated.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hi, I am in a similar situation as yourself, I have 59 ulcers on my lower legs and have become so paranoid about them I am only 19 years old and I haven't wore a skirt or dress for 3 years now, my legs keep developing lesions and I really need help my doctors have no clue and just wondered if you had received help from any professionals thank you x

KileNewman

Hoping someone can help but I’ve got NLD and have done for about 5 years now, I’m male and have been T1 since 2012. I’m absolutely fine with them now as I’ve just learned to live with it as I know there is nothing that can really be done about it. I just want to know if anyone has any suggestions when it comes to being in the sun? Obviously I will wear sun cream but I’m going to the Maldives soon and just hoping for some suggestions. Thank you x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoping someone can help but I’ve got NLD and have done for about 5 years now, I’m male and have been T1 since 2012. I’m absolutely fine with them now as I’ve just learned to live with it as I know there is nothing that can really be done about it. I just want to know if anyone has any suggestions when it comes to being in the sun? Obviously I will wear sun cream but I’m going to the Maldives soon and just hoping for some suggestions. Thank you x

I can’t help with your question, but you’ve posted on a very old thread and those commenting haven’t been around for a few years. You’d likely be better starting a new thread.

Reactions: KileNewman