Anybody else tried Mounjaro

Kayleigh_88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all..
So I am type 2 diabetic I was diagnosed in sept 2022. My HbA1c has always been over 9. I was prescribed Dapagliflozin in September last year. A few weeks ago I had a blood test and the doctor told me my HbA1c had finally gone down to 7. something (I can’t remember) Anyway I have 60 units of Humulin I in the morning and 60 units in the evening. I take one 10mg Dapagliflozin in the evening and one 20mg Atorvastatin for my cholesterol. The doctor told me he would also now like to try me with Mounjaro aswell. Has anyone had any experience with just Mounjaro or Mounjaro and a cocktail of these drugs? She also said to up my Insulin to 62 units and they’ll check in in a month if my sugars are not going down they said they may try a different insulin because I’m already on a lot of units.

Scoutmae

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all..
So I am type 2 diabetic I was diagnosed in sept 2022. My HbA1c has always been over 9. I was prescribed Dapagliflozin in September last year. A few weeks ago I had a blood test and the doctor told me my HbA1c had finally gone down to 7. something (I can’t remember) Anyway I have 60 units of Humulin I in the morning and 60 units in the evening. I take one 10mg Dapagliflozin in the evening and one 20mg Atorvastatin for my cholesterol. The doctor told me he would also now like to try me with Mounjaro aswell. Has anyone had any experience with just Mounjaro or Mounjaro and a cocktail of these drugs? She also said to up my Insulin to 62 units and they’ll check in in a month if my sugars are not going down they said they may try a different insulin because I’m already on a lot of units.
Kayleigh,
I was put on mounjaro, originally on Ozempic. Because Ozempic was so difficult to find, the endocrinologist prescribed Mounjaro. Not only has it put my diabetes in remission, my cholesterol and triglycerides are now in normal range.